Long serving Trustee Director and current AvSuper Chair man , Tom Grant, has announced his departure from the Fund in January 2013.
Tom was the founding Trustee Director of AvSuper in 1990 and has actively served AvSuper members’ interests for more than 20 years, including as the current Chairman of the Board. Tom has made a significant and consistent contribution to the Fund over many years, across all aspects of the Fund’s growth and development.
Some of the key AvSuper milestones Tom has been involved with include:
- achieving full funding from the Government for members transferring from CSS (when the Fund was first established)
- establishing Divisions for accumulation and retained members (when the defined benefit division was closed to new members)
- being one of the first super funds in the country to gain an RSE license and become a public offer fund
- introducing member investment choice
- establishing post retirement pension products
- introduction of innovative insurance offerings
- being one of the first funds to offer intra-fund advice to members
- extending the list of associate employers to over 300 contributing employers from the aviation industry
- We are also working closely with the regulator APRA to put in place a MySuper offering at the beginning of 2013, maintaining AvSuper’s reputation as a leader in the superannuation industry.
“Serving AvSuper members has been a privilege and an immensely rewarding experience for me; however in the interest of refreshing the Board, I have decided to look for new challenges elsewhere in the superannuation industry,” Tom said.
On behalf of the Trustee and staff of AvSuper, we acknowledge Tom’s commitment to the performance for members and the effective governance of the Fund over many years, and wish him the very best for the future.
Please direct all queries to Michelle Griffiths on 1800 805 088.