Joining AvSuper is easy!
You may also want to
- tell your employer to make contributions to us by handing them a member choice form (which includes the relevant compliance information)
- apply for additional insurance (you will generally get two units of Automatic Cover upon applying – conditions apply)
- rollover any old super you may have – you can do that by logging into AOL (AvSuper Online) if you prefer
AvSuper has three main divisions of membership:
- Accumulation (non-Corporate) members
(open to all employers and the general public including spouses and family members of existing AvSuper members, the self employed and anyone else who wishes to join AvSuper)
- Income stream (or pension) members
(open to anyone who has reached their preservation age, including those without a previous AvSuper account)
- Corporate members
(employees of Airservices Australia or the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA))
AvSuper members can choose to hold an income stream account as well as their accumulation account.
Corporate members may have a defined benefit account, accumulation account or both, in addition to an income stream account (eligibility conditions apply).
The defined benefit division was closed to new membership in 2002. Defined benefit account members can choose to transfer their defined benefit account to the Corporate accumulation division – please review our guide for Defined Benefit Corporate members to find out more information if this applies to you.
Other membership information you may find useful: