AvSuper Corporate members
Corporate members are those who are currently employed by an AvSuper Corporate employer (i.e. Airservices Australia or CASA), whether they hold a defined benefit account, accumulation account or both.
Whatever type of Corporate account you have, you benefit from AvSuper member features, which include:
- online access to your account
- personalised AvSuper advice
If you hold a Corporate accumulation account, you also benefit from:
- member investment choice
- being able to make personal contributions and roll over money from other super funds
- access to voluntary insurance cover
- choosing to stay with AvSuper even when you no longer work for an AvSuper corporate employer, including getting future employer contributions
- access to personalised advice from qualified financial advisers
A defined benefit is a calculation based on your salary and service rather than investment returns. Your benefit is guaranteed and any investment risk is borne by your employer.
AvSuper’s defined benefit division was closed to new members in August 2002, however, defined benefit members can also hold an accumulation account in order to make personal contributions or rollover from other funds.
You can choose to transfer your savings from a defined benefit to an accumulation account as a Corporate member. Please read our guide for Defined Benefit Corporate members for information and instructions on making a transfer.
Note that once you opt out of a Defined Benefit, you can not opt back in.